Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Walk with my Jackaroo

Joining Ginny today at Small Things blog for Yarnalong:
Just wanted to nip in here to hang out with all you other knitters and readers :)
This week I finished The Indigo Notebook both in paper and audio format. Hearing someone read your book does add something nice to the experience I think. No wonder children love to be read to. I started The Walk by Richard Paul Evans the other day. It's an easy read as each chapter is only a few pages long. (So far) it's about a man who's wife has had an accident and becomes paralyzed and for some reason that I'm still waiting to find out about he goes on a cross-country journey. I read The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce a few months ago and found it so well written, also about a man who ups and walks away with a surprising twist to the story.

Still knitting away at the Jackaroo. I've begun on the neck now. By begun I mean I've picked up and knit 5 of the 12 stitches held for the right front with the back and left side still to do before I even look like I've begun. I imagine if I find a few solid hours here and there this weekend I'll have the neck done. That is so optimistic I can't help but smile at myself. There is a garden out there being overtaken by weeds, peas that need help to stay upright, children that need attention and did I mention the book I'm reading? All good stuff I enjoy doing at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment