Sunday, June 22, 2014

Gratitude Sunday-weeding, knitting and what-not

Joining Taryn today at Wooly Moss Roots Blog:

I finally got the last 2 rows of my garden weeded and mulched. Now (hopefully) I can just concentrate on weeding around the plants instead of the space between the rows. I also got a good start on the collar of now-The-Emster's Jackaroo sweater. I really wish I'd made notes on the pattern about such things as what needle size I used to knit the thing. Urgh.
So without further ado, my list:
:: the cool morning air so I could weed without cooking in the sun
:: not too many mosquitos to contend with as I weeded
:: coffee :)
:: toasted tomato sandwiches for lunch
:: time to add new things to my Etsy shop
:: laundry hanging in the sun to dry

:: peace in the house, for a little while anyway
:: strawberry-rhubarb crisp
:: playing Scrabble with my son, using such words as "toy", "pine", "if" etc. There are professional Scrabble players getting sharp pains in their heads and they don't know why.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely list. Toasted tomato sandwiches...one of my favorite summer-time meals. Too funny about Scrabble! Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete